Friday, July 15, 2011

Pride

The subject of pride seems to be coming up a lot in conversations. This past Sunday our pastor used this from Beth Moore during a sermon. I immediately wanted to find it and ponder on it. Thanks to my friend Nicole for finding it online. I think it is so true. With pride in our lives, there is no room for humility. As Christians, we are called to have a spirit of humility just as Jesus did.

My Name is Pride,
I am a Cheater
I cheat you on your God given destiny....because you demand your own way.
I cheat you of contentment...because you "deserve better than this."
I cheat you of knowledge...because you already know it all.
I cheat you of holiness...because you refuse to admit when your wrong.
I cheat you of vision...because you would rather look in the mirror than out the window.
I cheat you of genuine friendship...because nobody is going to know the real you.
I cheat you of love...because real romance demands sacrifice.
I cheat you of greatness in heaven...because you refuse to wash another's feet on earth.
I cheat you of God's glory...because I convince you to seek your own.
My name is Pride, I am a cheater.
You like me because you think I'm always looking out for you. Untrue.
I'm looking to make a fool of you,
God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry...
If you stick with me You'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment